Oh MAN, how much did you miss me? Just a little? Not at all? Well, fine, same here.
All kidding aside, I have been busy with… well, with life.
It’s not that I didn’t want to post at all. I just felt like I didn’t have a quality post in me. Not that this one will be quality either (so don’t get too excited or anything), but I felt it was time to mosey on back. I’ve been randomly posting stuff on Tumblr, but it hasn’t been so much health and fitness related, so I still wasn’t inspired to write over here at Body FM. But now… I think I am. Maybe just in a way that’s a little more relaxed for a while.
You see, my life has gotten a little more relaxed lately, so it’s fitting that I want my blog to follow suit. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not sitting around eating bon bons and watching Real Housewives all day long (I wish. No seriously, I do). However, I’ve slowed down a little in the past few months with work, with workouts, with putting undue pressure on myself — and I’ve started breathing again. I’m not going to get all heavy on you here, but I feel like a giant weight has been lifted off my shoulders and that I’m handling what life throws at me SO much better since I made a few changes.
So what have I been up to, you ask (without really caring but knowing that it’s the polite thing to do)? Wellllll since I last posted in December (yeah, new blog abandonment record for me), I have:
- applied to grad school in Washington, DC (cross your fingers or say a prayer or both. at the same time) after visiting my friend Anna, and completely falling in love with the place. Everything about it. Just…everything.
- left my job as a trainer/instructor/marketing director after deciding to take some time to move home to Michigan and get my head on straight. I loved where worked, and all the people there, but I just felt I needed a break from teaching six days a week (see two bullets down) and trying to make something work that just wasn’t.
- got some help in getting my head on straight and changed my mind, staying in Chicago due to a sudden influx of freelance work (that majorly paid the bills) and the sudden reappearance of my social life. Oh, I have friends? I had forgotten when I was walking around in a fog all the time.
- slowed down on the workouts because my body was yelling at me that it was so! stressed! out! and noticed, that heeyyy, I didn’t gain 50lbs overnight without daily cardio… or really, any weight at all! Miraculous. I think I actually dropped a few in this process. Weird. (I have since added strength classes back in and am walking and running — but only when I feel like it.)
- kissed a few more frogs on the way to finding my prince. I mean, I haven’t found him yet, but man, if this is a numbers game, I have GOT to win soon. I’m feeling optimistic. And while we’re on the topic, if Facebook could stop suggesting friends for me who happen to be guys I’ve gone out with but that I have no other connection to, that would be great. It’s annoying. And a little creepy, because seriously, how did it come up with that?
- kept up (mostly) with my goal of reading 50 books this year. I’m a little behind, but the last two, The Likeability Factor and Breaking Free From Emotional Eating, have been taking me a little longer, because they both have great advice, and I’m really trying to soak it all in. Perhaps a book review to come? (Oh, but let’s not get ambitious just yet.)
- decided to cut my hair into a long bob and donate 8 inches to Pantene Pro-V’s Beautiful Lengths. Except I’m incredibly cheap, went to the Aveda school to get chopped for $16, and walked out with a straight up angled bob that made me cry in the chair after ‘Kenny’ decided to made it ‘funky,’ allowing me to give 12 inches instead. I may or may not have caused a scene at the front and told the stylist’s instructor that I ‘did not even feel pretty.’ But now I like it! Mostly!
Soooo… that’s where I’m at. Exciting right? I’m bumming around Chicago for a little longer, working from home, reading, hanging out at Starbucks way too much, and trying to like my hair. Sums it up pretty well. I do want to try to start posting about fitness and health more, but honestly, I may be playing around with how I do it. If there’s anything you’d like to see or talk about, let me know! I would also like to thank all four of you who have actually kept coming to my empty little blog. Well, empty no more! Blog world, I am back!